HCFI constantly endeavors to educate the common people about the benefits of consuming a scientifically proven healthy diet on a routine basis. In view of this, we invite papers on low cost and wholesome nutritional recipes comprising all 7 colors and 6 tastes.
The importance of 6 Tastes and 7 Colors
In Ayurveda, there are six tastes or Rasas. Ayurveda recommends inclusion of each of the 6 tastes (sweet, sour, salty, bitter, pungent, and astringent) in every meal. The belief is that incorporating all 6 tastes in your meals and adjusting the amounts to one’s personal constitution helps in maintaining nutritional balance and good health.
Ayurveda describes taste as a tremendously powerful therapeutic tool that not only determines how we experience our food, but ultimately, the overall flavor of our existence as well. According to Ayurveda, taste is made up of the same 5 elements that make up the doshas: space, air, fire, water, and earth. Each taste has an effect on Vata, Pitta, and Kapha and is of importance in repairing the imbalance during ill health. For example, of the six tastes, sweet is known to be the most grounding and nourishing. When eaten in moderation, it promotes longevity and strength of cells and tissues, and optimized secretion of bodily fluids.
GUIDELINES FOR SUBMISSION OF PAPERS (MANDATORY ONLINE REGISTRATION)
- Word Limit: up to 500 words
- Submit the full paper in a Word document with separate cover page bearing only the title of the paper and author’s name, designation, affiliation(s) official address, phone number, and email address.
- Submitted papers must NOT have been previously presented, published, accepted for publication, or under review.
- The papers/concept notes will be peer-reviewed. Once shortlisted, the applicants will be called upon to present their paper/model/concept in front of an expert panel on 25th October 2018 in New Delhi at the Talkatora Indoor Stadium during the Perfect Health Mela 2018. The best paper will be selected on the same day.
- The selected papers/ concepts will be published (post conference) and uploaded on HCFI’s website.
Please Note: The last date for submission of papers is 25 September 2018.
*Paper presentation dates (for shortlisted applicants only): 25 October 2018 at the Talkatora Indoor Stadium New Delhi (between 10am and 5pm) during the Perfect Health Mela. The presentation time will be 20 minutes including Q&A.
Entries will be accepted from the 1st of July.